How to Choose Us
Walking through the process
Step 1: Apply with Healthy Louisiana
Before you can enroll with Healthy Blue, you'll need to apply to Healthy Louisiana. Once you are notified that you are eligible, we can go to step 2.
Visit Healthy Louisiana to apply.
Apply by phone
Apply by mail or fax
Mail an application to:
Medicaid Application Office
P.O. Box 91278
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-9893
Or fax to 1-877-523-2987.
Visit a Healthy Louisiana Application Assister in your parish for in-person help.
Step 2: Enroll in Healthy Blue
After you are notified that you are eligible, you choose Healthy Blue for each member of your family who has Medicaid or LaCHIP. You can also choose us for each member who gets Behavioral Health Services. Some enrollees are automatically assigned a health plan, but you can switch to Healthy Blue.
The easiest way to join Healthy Blue! Visit Healthy Louisiana to enroll now.
Enroll by phone
1-855-229-6848 (TTY 1-855-526-3346)
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Enroll by mail
Mail your enrollment form to:
P.O. Box 77678
Baton Rouge, LA 70879-9908
Have a question?
For questions on enrollment, call the Healthy Louisiana Program at 1-855-229-6848 or visit the Healthy Louisiana Program website.
Who can get Medicaid?
The Louisiana Department of Health, not Healthy Blue, decides who’s eligible for the Medicaid programs they offer.
With Medicaid, those who qualify get access to medical services.
In Louisiana, you can get Medicaid if you:
- Get Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Get financial help from the Office of Family Support (OFS) through the Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (FITAP)
You may also be eligible for Medicaid if you:
- Are disabled according to the Social Security Administration’s definition
- Have corrected vision no better than 20/200
- Are a low-income parent of children under age 19
- Are a child under age 19
- Are pregnant
- Have no insurance and need treatment for breast and/or cervical cancer
- Receive Medicare coverage and are low-income
Adults can also get Medicaid with Medicaid expansion. You might be eligible for benefits if you:
- Are 19 to 64 years old
- Meet citizenship requirements
- Don’t already qualify for Medicaid or Medicare
- Have a household income less than 138% of the federal poverty level
You can check the current income guidelines on the Healthy Louisiana website.
If you voluntarily enroll in a health plan with Healthy Louisiana, you:
- Can return to the standard Medicaid or LaCHIP plan for all state plan services other than specialized behavioral health and nonemergency transportation services at any time. Once you decide to switch back, it would be effective the next month.
- Have 90 days to switch to another Healthy Louisiana plan from the time of enrollment