Mental Health & Substance Use Services
Being healthy is about more than just your body. Our mental health and substance use services help you with your emotional and mental health. This also includes substance use treatment services.Choose UsRenew
Where can I go to get behavioral health services?
We want to help you get the care you need. Are you having trouble thinking? Are you feeling sad or anxious? If these issues make it hard to work or go to school, you may need behavioral health services.
Here are some of the types of providers you may see and services you may be eligible for:
Licensed Mental Health Professional (LMHP); a LMHP is a provider who works with members who have behavioral health concerns. This can include:
- Medical psychologists
- Licensed psychologists
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Licensed Professional Counselors
- Licensed Marriage and Family therapists
- Licensed Addiction Counselors
- Advance practice registered nurses in the behavioral health field
- Mental health rehabilitation services
- Psychiatric residential treatment
- Inpatient hospitalization
- Outpatient and residential substance use treatment
- Screening and referral for children’s coordinated system of care services
- Permanent supportive housing
How to access mental health and substance use services
Our team is here for you. Call Member Services at 1-844-227-8350 (TTY 711).
We can help you:
- Find a provider
- Find out more about the services you can get
- Learn who can receive mental health and substance use services
- Find out who is eligible for specialized services for children
For a full list of covered services, see your member handbook.
Find doctors and providers
Use our Find a Doctor tool to find a provider who works with Healthy Blue. Your provider can help you get the care and services you need.
There are no copays for any covered medical services.
Pharmacy and prescription drugs
Members who only receive behavioral health services through Healthy Blue will get their pharmacy benefits through Louisiana Medicaid Pharmacy Fee For Service Program. Call 1-800-437-9101 for more information.
If you have Medicare Part D Drug coverage, you’ll still get your medications reimbursed through your Part D plan.
24-hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line
Call our 24-hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line for help at 1-844-812-2280 if you or a family member are having a mental health or substance use crisis. The following are some signs that a person may be having a mental health or a substance use crisis:
- Trouble coping with daily problems and activities
- Hurting yourself or someone else
- Extreme mood swings
- Threatening or aggressive behavior
- Seeing or hearing things that are not there
Behavioral Health Warm Line
Call the Behavioral Health Warm Line at 1-800-730-8375 to talk to someone who knows what you’re going through. The Warm Line is available every day from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
The Behavioral Health Warm Line is a peer support phone service that lets you talk to people who have gone through a similar situation. You can call the Warm Line when you’re feeling down or need help dealing with a stressful time.
Coordinated System of Care for youth
The Coordinated System of Care (CSOC) program can help eligible youth and their families get the services they need to return or stay at home. This helps children and young adults with major behavioral health challenges get the help they need.
Healthy Blue works with providers to screen children to see if they need these services. Some of the criteria include:
- Doing things that put him or her in danger
- Running away from home
- Doing reckless things (like riding on top of a car)
- Threatening to hurt someone
- Getting in fights at school or home
- Seriously hurting someone else
- Breaking school rules or getting in trouble with the law
If your child meets the criteria, we will refer him or her to the CSOC program. Magellan Health Services provides the services for this program. If your child is eligible for the services, it’s his or her choice to be in the program.
The system of care helps families and children:
- Have a stronger voice in their care
- Become a partner in the treatment process
- Return or stay at home
To find out about eligibility for Coordinated System of Care services, call Member Services at 1-844-227-8350 (TTY 711). We can help arrange a screening.
Is your child already part of the CSOC program? Magellan will help you with benefits and services. Call Magellan directly at 1-800-429-4489 (TTY 1-800-424-4416).
We’re here to help
New to Healthy Blue?
As a new member, we know you have questions. We also know you’re short on time! Learn the basics about your health plan in these videos.
Key member resources
- Behavioral Health Member Handbook - English
- Behavioral Health Member Handbook - Spanish
- Behavioral Health Information Brochure
- Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment Resources - English
- Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment Resources - Spanish
- Behavioral Health welcome booklet - English
- Behavioral Health welcome booklet - Spanish
You can call Member Services at 1-844-227-8350 (TTY 711) Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Or members can login and send us a secure message anytime.
Resources in Louisiana
For more information on behavioral health education, resources and local support groups, call or visit these organizations:
If you have a gambling problem, you can contact a Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) Office of Behavioral Health near you. You get the services you need at no cost to you.
When you need a referral or preapproval
For some services, you’ll need a referral from your primary care provider (PCP) before getting care. Other services and benefits require preapproval. This means that your provider and/or you must ask Healthy Blue to approve those services or benefits before you get them.
24-hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line
Call if you or a family member are having a mental health or substance use crisis.
Behavioral Health Warm Line
Call the Warm Line when you are feeling down or need help dealing with a stressful time.
If you’re having an emergency, you should call 911 or go to the nearest hospital.
Get rides to your appointments! Members* can get rides to all mental health and substance use treatment services.
*Members living in residential facilities for behavioral health services may not be eligible for transportation services through Healthy Blue. Please check with your facility for more information.Learn how