Same people. Same benefits. Now Blue.
With Medicaid and LaCHIP, you and your family can access doctors, medicine, and services to get and stay healthy.
Mental Health & Substance Use Services
Some members only get mental health and substance use services through Healthy Blue. We provide access to doctors, providers, and services to help you with your emotional and mental health.
We're now Healthy Blue!
On September 1, Amerigroup Louisiana changed to Healthy Blue!
Same people, same benefits. Now with the power of Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
What do I need to know?
- We mailed members new member ID cards in August. This card has the new Healthy Blue logo on it. You should use this one for your health care services. Didn’t get one? You can print your member ID card by logging in. Or call Member Services to have it mailed to you.
- Our new Member Services number is 1-844-521-6941 (TTY 711).
- Our website has a new look and feel! Create an online account using your member ID to access all of the new features. Please create a new account even if you already had one.
Have questions? Call us at 1-844-521-6941 (TTY 711). We’re here Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
What’s Healthy Blue?
We’re a health plan — or insurance company — for Medicaid. We help you get the care you need like doctor visits, medicines, therapy and more. In Louisiana, the overall Medicaid program is called Healthy Louisiana.
In Louisiana, we:
- Work with over 13,000 doctors
- Have over 160 hospitals to choose from
- Work with the top three hospitals in LA ranked by U.S. News and World Report
Update your address today!
If the Louisiana Department of Health or Healthy Blue sends you something in the mail and it gets returned because you have moved, you will lose your Medicaid benefits.
If you don’t update your address within 60 days of when we find out your address is incorrect, you will lose your Medicaid benefits.
Update your address online or call Member Services at 1-844-521-6941 (TTY 711).