No-cost insurance for you and your family. Medicaid and LaCHIP benefits to help you get the physical, mental, and substance use treatment services you need to get and stay healthy.Choose Us Renew
What you get with Medicaid
- Over 13,000 doctors and providers to choose from
- Visits with a PCP you choose
- Access to specialist providers from a wide variety of medical specialties
- Urgent care
- Emergency care
There are no copays for any covered medical services. For a complete list of services and benefits, see your member handbook.
Our 24/7 NurseLine
Fast, free medical advice from a registered nurses anytime, day or night, to get answers to your health questions. Our team is here to help you get the care you need. Call us at 1-866-864-2544 (TTY 711). Our team of registered nurses can help you:
- Get answers to your medical questions
- Find a doctor or urgent care center near your
- Determine how soon you need to get care for an illness or injury
Free adult dental benefits through DentaQuest
- Oral exam every six months
- X-rays once a year
- Teeth cleaning every six months
- Tooth extraction and fillings (limits apply)
These services are covered when you use an approved dental care provider. To make an appointment, find a dentist near you or have a question about service limits, visit DentaQuest’s website or call 1-844-234-9835 (TTY 1-800-466-7566).
Members younger than 21
Dental services for members younger than age 21 are covered through MCNA Dental. For details on how and where to access dental services, visit MCNA Dental’s website or call 1-855-702-6262 (TTY 1-800-955-8771).
- Eye exam once a year
- Glasses (frames and lenses) once a year
- $40 allowance toward the cost of nonstandard glasses once a year
These services are covered when you use an approved eye care provider. To make an appointment or find an eye doctor near you, call Superior Vision at 1-800-787-3157 (TTY 1-800-735-2258).
Prescriptions, over-the-counter medicines and now even bug spray
Express Scripts provides our pharmacy benefit to full Medicaid members. When you need to fill your prescriptions, you must go to a pharmacy that works with Healthy Blue.Learn more
Being healthy is about more than just your body, so our benefits help you with your emotional and mental health, too. This includes mental health and substance use treatment services.Learn more
- Free Weight Watchers® meetings: Qualified members age 18 and older can learn how to live healthier lives.
- Portable crib or infant car seat for completing prenatal screenings
- Free membership to local Boys & Girls Clubs
- And more!
Please note: Members who only get behavioral health services through Healthy Blue are not eligible for all extra services. Learn more about mental health and substance use services.
We put tools and technologies in your hands to make it easier to access care and services. Your Care Plan is a tool for Healthy Blue members getting case management services. It helps you:
- Stay connected with your case manager
- Get your care coordinator’s phone number and email address
- Send secure messages about diagnoses, goals, medicines, services and more
- View your goals and objectives
- Check due dates and status for goals and objectives
Is Medicaid right for you?
In Louisiana, you can get Medicaid if you:
- Get Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Get financial help from the Office of Family Support (OFS) through the Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (FITAP)
You may also be eligible for Medicaid if you:
- Are disabled according to the Social Security Administration’s definition
- Have corrected vision no better than 20/200
- Are a low-income parent of children under age 19
- Are a child under age 19
- Are pregnant
- Have no insurance and need treatment for breast and/or cervical cancer
- Get Medicare coverage and are low-income
You may be eligible if you:
- Are between 19 and 64 years old
- Meet citizenship requirements
- Don’t already qualify for Medicaid or Medicare
- Make less than 138% of the federal poverty level
Get the most out of your health care
Key member resources
- Medicaid Member Handbook - English
- Medicaid Member Handbook - Spanish
- Behavioral Health Member Handbook - English
- Behavioral Health Member Handbook - Spanish
Earn money by taking care of yourself
Healthy Rewards are dollars put onto a debit card when you go to doctor visits:
- $20 for yearly well-child visit for ages 0-9
- $25 for yearly well-child visit for ages 10-20
- $15 for yearly adult wellness visits
- $10 for diabetic screening
- $10 for sexually transmitted infection screening
- $5 for getting a flu shot
Get rides to your appointments!
You can get rides to your doctor’s office, pharmacy and other providers of covered services.
When you need a referral or preapproval
For some services, you’ll need a referral from your primary care provider (PCP) before getting care. Other services and benefits require preapproval. This means that your provider and/or you must ask Healthy Blue to approve those services or benefits before you get them.