Ready for Bad Weather?
We're here to help!
Healthy Blue wants to make sure you get the care and resources you need.
|Member Services||1-844-521-6941 (TTY 711)|
|Behavioral Health Crisis Line||1-844-812-2280|
|Case Management||1-877-440-4065, ext. 106-103-5145|
|MediTrans - for nonemergency rides to services||1-866-430-1101|
|For information about shelters||211|
|For updates and information from the state||411|
Storm guidance during COVID-19
The Louisiana Department of Health released important information about COVID safety measures during a hurricane.
We know many of you may be dusting off your generators for the first time all year. Please remember:
- Portable generators should never be used indoors. This includes in a garage, carport, basement, crawl space or other enclosed or partially enclosed area, even those with ventilation.
- Gas-powered generators produce an exhaust of carbon monoxide (CO) which is odorless and colorless. CO inhalation can rapidly lead to full incapacitation or death. Opening windows or doors or using fans will not prevent the build-up of CO. If you start to feel sick, dizzy or weak while using a generator, get to fresh air IMMEDIATELY. Be sure to place the generator away from doors, windows and vents that could allow CO to come indoors.
- Keep the generator dry and do not use in rain or wet conditions. Protect the generator from moisture by operating it on a dry.
- Learn about CDC guidance on safe generator use.
Getting a ride
If you need a ride to the doctor, to pick up your medicine or any other health service, call MediTrans at 1-866-430-1101.
If you need help, our case management team is available. Call our case management team
at 1-877-440-4065, ext. 106-103-5145, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. If it’s after-hours,
Mental health and substance use help
If you need help with a mental health or substance use crisis, you can call the Behavioral Health Crisis Line at 1-844-227-8350, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Helpful information and resources
- Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness
- Louisiana Department of Health
- Emergency Louisiana
- Shelter Information
- Disaster Assistance - FEMA
- Department of Transportation and Development
- Parish Emergency Preparedness Numbers
- Where Do I go for Behavioral Health Support?
- Drinking Water Watch
- Zika Information